• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP perimeter -> internal

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> SMTP perimeter -> internal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP perimeter -> internal - 25.Dec.2007 7:51:59 AM   
vaco

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, I hope I post it in the correct section.

My problem has me a bit baffled. I published my Exchange 2007 Edge server succesfully in the perimeter (I have ISA 2006 installed with the 3 leg Template setup), it receives mail, but can't deliver it to the HUB transport server residing on the internal network, becausethe EDGE server can't connect with port 25 on this HUB server. I have all the access rules I need, even the LDAP rules between the edge and the hub, they all work without a problem.

I can connect to port 25 from internal (HUB) to perimeter (EDGE) without any problem (so sending mail works), I can connect from the ISA server to port 25 on the internal hub server to. I have ROUTE network rules between the perimeter and internal. If I look in monitoring when I try a telnet to port 25 from perimeter to internal I get a denied connection, so it's ISA that's blocking the connection, the error code is 0xc0040012 FWX_E_NETWORK_RULES_DENIED

The rule for allowing the connection between EDGE and HUB on port 25 is also in place.

Can someone please help me out here, point me in some direction I didn't think about ... I'm stumped here, I must be overlooking something, I just can't see it.

Knowledge, know the ledge to where your heart is or fall off into the internal hell that's uncharted. - Wu-Tang Clan
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP perimeter -> internal - 25.Dec.2007 8:04:48 AM   
vaco

Never mind, after writing it out here on the forum I solved it myself ... Stupid mistake of not removing a NAT rule between internal and perimeter

I thank everyone for looking

I'll be a regular visitor here anyway ...

Knowledge, know the ledge to where your heart is or fall off into the internal hell that's uncharted. - Wu-Tang Clan

(in reply to vaco)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> SMTP perimeter -> internal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts