• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access to Cisco router via telnet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Access to Cisco router via telnet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access to Cisco router via telnet - 26.Dec.2007 8:48:25 AM   
matt.jones

Hi,

I have an ISA Server 2006 box in a back to back config (ISA Server at the back) with a Cisco router at the front performing the NAT. My set up is as follows:

DMZ (workstations) 
                           |
Cisco rtr<----->ISA<----->Internal
                           |
                     WLAN

Network rules have been configured as route relationships between all networks i.e DMZ to External = route. Clients within the DMZ, WLAN and Internal networks are configured as a mixture of FW and Web Proxy clients. My rules are simple consisting of a single rule allowing all outbound traffic for all users from all networks.

My problem is that when i attempt to telnet onto my Cisco router from any of the networks, it fails. If i telnet directly from the ISA Server is works (when i temporarily added local host to the rule allowing all outbound traffic). When i change the route relationship to NAT between the networks and external it works?? I ran debugging on the Cisco router and found that bad sequences were being logged durring the tcp set up from the source IP attempting to connect via telnet when a route relationship was configured.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Post #: 1
RE: Access to Cisco router via telnet - 29.Dec.2007 1:26:56 PM   
matt.jones

For anyone viewing the post, it was the router configuration. I had to add static routes to the subnets behind the ISA firewall. DUH!

(in reply to matt.jones)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Access to Cisco router via telnet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts