• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Bloody MSN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Bloody MSN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bloody MSN - 7.Jan.2008 12:46:02 AM   
thejman69

Guys, I could use some help....

Unlike 99% of companies out there mine wants to enable the use of MSN / Windows live messenger for all users.....

If I enter the proxy details in IE (they get transfrered to messenger) it works fine.

BUT if i set "Automatically detect settings" it fails every time with a 80072efd error. (I obviously have a working wpad file setup via dhcp/dns. I can still browse the net etc with both configurations.)

I have created a rule to allow all traffic from my workstation out (tried auth and anon), so I am pretty sure its not rule related. I also do not get any errors in the logs.

I have run the "troubleshooting" tests and all comes up with a green tick. I have also gone in to connection>advanced entered my username and password and tested. It says its connected successfully but will not sign in.

O and also I am running single NIC.

Thanks for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Bloody MSN - 13.Jan.2008 11:13:57 PM   
thejman69

Anyone?

(in reply to thejman69)
Post #: 2
RE: Bloody MSN - 26.Jan.2008 3:17:59 PM   
gbarnas

Where is your WPAD.DAT file being served from - the ISA server?

I don't believe that ISA can deliver the settings you need for alternate proxy protocols. You may need to look at writing a custom WPAD.DAT file and serving it from an internal web server. The simplest way to do this is:

1. Get a current WPAD.DAT file from ISA - browse to HTTP://wpad/wpad.dat and save the file.
2. Edit the WPAD file to include the definitions for the special MSN proxy needs.
3. Put the new WPAD file on a web server - You can use an existing internal web server by simply placing the WPAD.DAT file in the root, and creating a CNAME record in DNS that points to this server called "wpad.yourdomain".

I don't have the Java experience to help with the custom WPAD definitions, but I'd be surprised if you can't get samples by Googling. This site - http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/web-browser-auto-proxy-configuration.html - looks like a good resource.

Glenn

< Message edited by gbarnas -- 26.Jan.2008 3:58:28 PM >

(in reply to thejman69)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Bloody MSN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message