• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 Migration to new hardware

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 Migration to new hardware Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 Migration to new hardware - 30.Jan.2008 1:37:35 PM   
ModernAge

I have a current ISA Server 2006 installation on a dedicated server with 2 adapters...one for the internal network and one for the Internet connection using a combination of SecureNAT and Firewall clients.  I'd like to migrate the server to a newer piece of hardware.  I have the server built with the same name and I'm wondering if there is a good reference regarding the steps to migrate my configuration from one physical machine to the other.  I make frequent backups of my system and firewall policies.

What steps do I need to take?

Dave Durand
Phoenix, Arizona
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 Migration to new hardware - 1.Feb.2008 9:36:51 AM   
remushociota

In ISA management if you right click on the server name you have the option to export/import the whole ISA configuration something that comes VERY handy.
Built the new machine with the same IP as the old one and restore the configuration on it choosing overwrite not merge. And you should have a similar copy then.

remus

(in reply to ModernAge)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 Migration to new hardware - 1.Feb.2008 10:02:54 AM   
ModernAge

Well I think another key is to make sure the machine name is the same.  If not, I was told that all references to the machine name in the exported XML file would need to be changed before importing to the new system.  Nonetheless, I plan on using the same machine name so I should be ok.  I'll post back with my results.

Dave Durand
Phoenix, Arizona

(in reply to remushociota)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 Migration to new hardware Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts