Internal Website Problem from clients. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General

Sunny.C -> Internal Website Problem from clients. (11.Feb.2008 8:22:16 PM)

Hey people,

I am running a website from IIS using port 83 and ISA is redirecting from port 80 to 83. This works fine from external user but when internal users try to access the website the following error occurs:
Error Code 10061: Connection refused Background: When the gateway or proxy server contacted the upstream (Web) server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server. Ideas?

tshinder -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (12.Feb.2008 8:58:44 AM)

Aren't internal users supposed to use Direct Access for internal resources and not bounce off the ISA Firewall?

Tom

Sunny.C -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (12.Feb.2008 4:39:26 PM)

Yes i have configure it that way but some how it still hits the ISA firewall...
I have configured DNS to point directly to the internal web server ip so i don't think it is DNS related.Maybe missing something on the ISA side?

Sunny.C -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (12.Feb.2008 10:04:43 PM)

One thing i should bring to you attention is even if i give direct access for internal clients... How will they get redirect to port 83?

tshinder -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (14.Feb.2008 10:55:50 AM)

Doesn't the link they use to reach the site include the alternate port?

Tom

Sunny.C -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (14.Feb.2008 5:53:11 PM)

Yes it does and this works from outside the network fine because ISA redircts from port 80 to 83.
How will i get internal users redirected to the correct port if direct access is applied?? Besides typing the local address with port.

gbarnas -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (15.Feb.2008 11:52:21 AM)

using http://internalserver:83 comes to mind... :)

Glenn

tshinder -> RE: Internal Website Problem from clients. (16.Feb.2008 2:37:04 PM)

You can create a link for them to use to create the alternate port.

HTH,
Tom

Page: [1]