Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

cmpy -> Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (12.Feb.2008 9:42:58 PM)

I have a client running SBS 2003 w/ SP2 and ISA 2004 w/ SP3.  I recently installed some new computers running the latest version of ISA Firewall Client.  (Version 4.0, Build 4.0.3442.654).  When printing to their networked Toshiba copiers (e-Studio 230, 280, 451c), Word and Excel files can take up to 5 minutes to complete spooling.  Applications actually "lock up" until the spooling completes.    This slowness does not occur when printing to my client's networked HP printers.  Also, all of their older computers are running ISA Firewall Client Build 4.0.3440.276 and they do not experience the slowness.  If I uninstall the Firewall Client on the affected systems, print jobs to the Toshiba copiers spool immediately.  I'm not sure what steps to take to get this resolved. 

cmpy

cmpy -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (12.Feb.2008 9:44:59 PM)

I forgot to indicate the pc OS - Windows XP Pro SP2.

cmpy

auchanaka1980 -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (13.Feb.2008 1:31:48 AM)

can u disable the firewall Client software from the cleint machine for
Temporary , then try to print to document. after that u can see what's was the problem.

cmpy -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (13.Feb.2008 2:35:11 PM)

If I disable the Firewall Client, the result is the same - extremely slow printing.  If I uninstall the Firewall Client, jobs are spooled at normal speeds to Toshiba copiers.

cmpy

elmajdal -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (13.Feb.2008 3:57:35 PM)

Hi ,

check the settings of the printer.

i have seen this with HP Printers, i do not remember where i have this or if this is relavent  !!

but what i remember is that the Printer Settings has part called services. There you can choose if you like to check the interent for driver update... try to change the settings there and see if there is any changes in the performance.

cmpy -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (14.Feb.2008 8:54:57 AM)

I cannot find a selection for Services anywhere in the Properties of the Toshiba printer.

cmpy

cmpy -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (22.Feb.2008 12:30:08 PM)

I found a solution.  The copier vendor was using an old printer driver.  I downloaded the latest driver from Toshiba's website and it fixed the slow spooling.  I have learned never to assume a vendor keeps current on drivers.

cmpy

elmajdal -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (22.Feb.2008 12:34:23 PM)

[&:] [8|] [:D]

Glad that you sorted it out and thanks for the follow up.

waleeed1 -> RE: Slow printing to Toshiba copiers (22.Feb.2016 11:02:47 PM)

but what i remember is that the Printer Settings has part called services. There you can choose if you like to check the interent for driver update... try to change the settings there and see if there is any changes in the performance

== www.solitairecardgame.org ==

Page: [1]