Blocked video (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies

richardnreid -> Blocked video (13.Feb.2008 7:30:41 AM)

Hello there

We are running ISA 2006 as a web proxy.  We are running checkpoint as our edge device so the access rules in ISA are very straight forward

We have an allow all from internal to external - the condition is set to our 'internet_users' AD group

Everything was running smoothly - until - our CEO was on a website trying to watch an video and it was coming up with the proxy authentication box

Upon investigation of the logs it became clear that the reason this was happenning was that ISA was seeing the video requests as anonymous, instead of an 'internet_user'.  This is why he get the authentication box.  If i change the condition in the rule to 'all users' it works fine

Any idea why this is happenning guys?

Many thanks

Richard

elmajdal -> RE: Blocked video (13.Feb.2008 3:15:29 PM)

Hi,

check this : http://blogs.isaserver.org/shinder/2007/11/22/fixing-windows-media-player-authentication-prompts/

richardnreid -> RE: Blocked video (15.Feb.2008 10:10:18 AM)

Hi Tarek

Many thanks for the link - the problem is now solved.

One question though - to your knowledge is this fix pretty much bullet proof? 

Its only because i have to give assurances to our CEO that this won't happen again

Thanks again

R

elmajdal -> RE: Blocked video (15.Feb.2008 2:35:25 PM)

quote:

Its only because i have to give assurances to our CEO that this won't happen again

If you are worried about any authentication requests to appear to ur CEo, then simply do not authenticate him.

use the condition all users for his rule

allow > protocols  > from ceo machine > to External > all users

Page: [1]