• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local registry

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> Tom's ISA Firewall Blog Discussion >> ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local registry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local reg... - 14.Feb.2008 5:58:40 AM   
mit_3990

Dear Sir,

we are facing some critical problem in ISA Server 2006, enterprise edition. The problem is “Configuration agent was unable to update local registry with changes made to Central Storage.”

Here I brief the configuration details so accordingly you can give us the solution.

1                    Installed the Windows server 2003 R2, enterprise with SP2.
2                    Promote the system as Domain Controller.
3                    Configured the DNS server also.
4                    Installed the ISA Server 2006 Enterprise with Configuration Storage server and Firewall service i.e array server. ISASTGCTRL service runs under enterprise admin with full privileges.
5                    After completion of step 1 to 4, ISA Server works fine, it sync with Configuration Storage server.
6                    After some time due to some DNS related issue, we had removed the DNS and reconfigure it (as it was before).
7                    DNS lookup works fine.
8                    Adam instance ISASTGCTRL service run as Enterprise Admin i.e it has full privileges.
9                    Even though ISA Server could not sync with CSS. It shows error “ ISA Server configuration agent was unable to update the local registry with changes made to Central storage.”
10               We have been run the ISA BPA it shows the error related to “ADAM Instance.”

I greatly thankful if anybody give us the solution.

Mitesh Patel

Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local... - 14.Feb.2008 11:21:19 AM   
tshinder

Hi Mitesh,

ISA is NOT supported on DCs.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local... - 10.Mar.2008 4:09:19 AM   
mit_3990

Dear Thomas

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have shown somewhere (May be in Microsoft tech-library ) that ISA supported on DCs.The only ISASTGCTRL service should be run with sufficient privieleges. Here that service running under account having of full privileges. In ISA server monitoring -- configuration tab it shows server is unable to update configuration from Central CSS.

Here we have configured the CSS and array server + firewall service on same server so there is no any issue of network connectivity.

In ISA bpa it shows "Configuration agent failed to update local registyr with changes made to Centeral CSS"

Awaiting for your most valuable solutions.

Regards

Mitesh

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local... - 15.Mar.2008 11:27:46 AM   
tshinder

ISA is not supported on DCs, except for SBS.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> Tom's ISA Firewall Blog Discussion >> ISA 2006 configuration agent unable to update local registry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts