The RSS Bug today? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General

remushociota -> The RSS Bug today? (14.Feb.2008 3:42:17 PM)

Guys I personally start to feel confused. Could you please tell me: is the RSS bug still a bug or it has now been patched?

If you go to http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=936594 I now see under resolution a download available. Installing this and also the latest drivers for the network card fixes the problem or not? Or even after this you need to set that registry key to 0?

In this article I see it linked to this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927695/ which makes reference in return to the first one :)

So what should we understand? If you apply the patch from the first one, the bug is fixed and you no longer need to set rss to 0?

thanks

elmajdal -> RE: The RSS Bug today? (14.Feb.2008 5:39:51 PM)

Do u have SBS ?

remushociota -> RE: The RSS Bug today? (14.Feb.2008 5:41:13 PM)

No. I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit and on it I installed ISA Server 2006 Standard Edition + the suportability package.

Oh... my mistake! Just now I noticed the first article lists as applies to just the SBS.
And the second one lists my case also. So I guess RSS should be 0 still...

And I installed the update from the first link on this machine :) What do you think should I just let it be or uninstall it?

elmajdal -> RE: The RSS Bug today? (14.Feb.2008 5:47:32 PM)

Ok, because the 1st link is for SBS 2003.

elmajdal -> RE: The RSS Bug today? (14.Feb.2008 5:50:57 PM)

quote:

And I installed the update from the first link on this machine :) What do you think should I just let it be or uninstall it?

Then check the RSS, what is its value ?

remushociota -> RE: The RSS Bug today? (14.Feb.2008 5:54:19 PM)

I can't say for sure. Because I manually put it to 0.
So if you install SP2 and then apply the SBS update to a server 2003 (which you shouldn't but I did it by error...) I can't say if it sets that to 0 or 1 :)
Ideally the patch should fix the problem and leave the value to 1. I mean Microsoft can't imagine people will just live with the value to 0 for ages... customers expect a fix to really fix the issue not apply a workaround no?
Anyway I uninstalled it off my system now.
So I guess the RSS bug is still NOT fixed :)

thanks

Page: [1]