• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right? - 26.Feb.2008 10:51:45 PM   
persiannight

Okay... so I have 1 domain controller running exchange and also my main file server.  It is  running DNS, forwarders pointing to my ISP's external DNS servers.  Default gateway on DC NIC I have set to the IP address of the ISA server making it a SecureNAT client.   On the ISA server I've created the secure DNS rule to allow DNS traffic from the DC to pass-through for lookups.  Is this the right way to do it?  I would assume I have to make the DC a SecureNAT client in order to access the outside because you do not install the firewall client on the DC.

I've followed this link to set it up:

http://www.elmajdal.net/ISAServer/Internal_DNS_Forwarding.aspx

I just want to make sure I'm right in setting the default gateway on the DC as a SecureNAT client.
Post #: 1
RE: Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right? - 28.Feb.2008 8:46:06 AM   
tshinder

Everything you describe sounds right!

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to persiannight)
Post #: 2
RE: Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right? - 28.Feb.2008 8:48:42 AM   
persiannight

Thanks Tom.  Dumb me didn't realize that it says right in the link "to set the dns server as a securenat client".... d'oh!!

Excellent books by the way!!!  I purchased both the ISA 2004 guide and the 2006 update book!  Helped me out tremendously!   I just did a Novell 4.0 to Windows 2003 environment migration and the client couldn't be happier.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right? - 28.Feb.2008 8:55:51 AM   
tshinder

Thanks for the kind words about the books!

Good to hear you're getting things working and thanks for the follow up.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to persiannight)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Secure DNS and ISA 2006.. did I set it up right? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts