• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

isa 2006 installation rdp problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> isa 2006 installation rdp problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
isa 2006 installation rdp problem - 28.Feb.2008 3:52:51 PM   
banasrs

Hi, I have installed ISA 2006 standard and right before the install completes my terminal service session disconnects and I cannot reconnect to the server.  I have to actually log on at the server console, then open ISA 2006 and add my IP address to the system policy that allows terminal services.  My workstation is using network address translation.  Is there any way around this disconnect?  I have read that ISA 2006 during the install is supposed to add the ip address of the client that is ts'ing to it...

This is the staging environment, i will be installing this in production in 2 weeks, but i would like to do it from home but i cannot because i would have to drive to the datacenter to add my ip to the allow list in ISA 2006.
Post #: 1
RE: isa 2006 installation rdp problem - 28.Feb.2008 5:16:14 PM   
elmajdal

Hi,

read my articles :

Installing ISA Server 2006 Remotely

Administrating ISA Server 2006 Remotely Using MMC and Remote Desktop Connection

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to banasrs)
Post #: 2
RE: isa 2006 installation rdp problem - 29.Feb.2008 9:39:07 AM   
banasrs

I suppose that scenario would work if we used windows firewall which we do not.  That service is stopped and disabled as part of our basebuilds prior to installation of ISA.  I suppose that I could enable and start the windows firewall, then put the exception in place then run the isa installation...would that circumvent my problem?

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: isa 2006 installation rdp problem - 2.Mar.2008 10:37:19 AM   
Paladium

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmajdal

Hi,

read my articles :

Installing ISA Server 2006 Remotely

Administrating ISA Server 2006 Remotely Using MMC and Remote Desktop Connection

HTH,
Tarek

The second step-by-step was very helpful to me when I initially installed ISA and the MMC.  Thank you for the guide!

However, I still have an odd problem.  While I can easily connect using the MMC and manage all aspects of ISA 2006 it will NOT display any logging.  It just sits there saying "Fetching results...".  I have verified that there are plenty of events being logged by physically logging into the ISA server, and the client fw (standard XP fw) shows no denies from the ISA server box.

Stumped...

David C., CISSP/CISM/SnortCP/MSP
ISA 2006 Std. Edge Firewall Mode / W2K3S R2
AMD Athlon 2.4GHz / 2GB Ram / Dual GIG NIC

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> isa 2006 installation rdp problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts