• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA server and entire network unable to access internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ISA server and entire network unable to access internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA server and entire network unable to access internet - 1.Mar.2008 10:22:10 PM   
militarymedic22

I have a fresh install of W2K3 server and Isa 2006.  (I don't mean to toot my own horn but I have setup this scenario more times than I can count without problems... until now)  I was away for business for the past 11 months so possibly I missing some vital step.
Nothing fancy about the setup, default W2k3 initial domain settings, internal nic on ISA is setup correctly, external nic is grabbing a IP from a ISP (unfortunalety a DHCP address)  Of course before the ISA install the machine can access the internet just fine.  In the past I have been able to get by with the basic config (usually from pointers from this site) but for this install I have tried everthing I can think of in regards to the ISA machine and the rest of the domain accessing the internet.  I even went to the point of re-defining a network config and select allow unrestricted internet access.  Before and after any browser opened automatically goes to a page cannot be found.  ISA logs show everything is allowed and nothing denied.
Could somebody maybe point out some ideas of common problems which this may relate to? 
Thanks
Jeremy
Post #: 1
RE: ISA server and entire network unable to access inte... - 2.Mar.2008 4:21:56 AM   
elmajdal

Have you installed Win2k3 Sp2 ?

if yes then check this : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;927695

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to militarymedic22)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA server and entire network unable to access inte... - 2.Mar.2008 11:22:11 AM   
militarymedic22

I checked the enableRSS and set it to 0 as the article instructed but still no luck. 

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA server and entire network unable to access inte... - 3.Mar.2008 3:11:28 PM   
ModernAge

Jeremy,

Which network template did you select when setting up ISA?  Are you using Enterprise or Standard and what are you using for a default gateway on your internal workstations?  Are the internal workstations SecureNAT or actual Firewall client workstations?  Also make sure you only have one default gateway referenced on the ISA server itself, which should be an Internet address after a successful DHCP assignment.

Dave Durand
Phoenix, Arizona

(in reply to militarymedic22)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ISA server and entire network unable to access internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts