• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

vulnerability management

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> vulnerability management Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
vulnerability management - 7.Mar.2008 12:57:47 AM   
Jyoti

Hi All

I am a student and i am interested to find out about the vulnerabilites that one might be interested in, found in the report of network scan (about 1000 pages daily) from NESSUS3.

In other words, if a network administrator scans a network of 100 computers  using NESSUS3 tool every day and gets a 1000 page report, then what might be the most interesting thing for him to look in the report without wasting his time?

Like for example, plugins with high risk factor, or,  some new vulnerabilites, or , some specific plugins?

Thanking you for your time.

Sincerely
Jyoti
Post #: 1
RE: vulnerability management - 11.Jul.2013 12:41:03 PM   
sohaibraja

Well i have experienced with 5 computers at same time using NESSUS and after some interval of time when whole scan completed the result which i see a included with full report of vulnerabilites and i found 3 major types of vulnerabilites in that report and ways to vulnerabilites management using Nesus.
I think network engineers do scan of 100 computers with some extra time to see full report.

< Message edited by sohaibraja -- 12.Jul.2013 3:21:54 PM >

(in reply to Jyoti)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> vulnerability management Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts