• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outbound traffic from published server IP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> Outbound traffic from published server IP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outbound traffic from published server IP - 7.Mar.2008 7:05:32 AM   
TimPN

It would be nice if you could specify an IP for outbound traffic originating from a published server.

For example, you have ISA server 196.1.1.254 and Mail Server 196.1.1.100 published SMTP Server (25). Part of a mail server's job is to send Delivery status notifications. So the server originates traffic to another mail server on port 25, the problem is that the other mail server sees the traffic with the ISA server's IP primary IP address .254 and not the Mail server's IP .100.

The most common advice for this is to change the primary IP of the ISA server. That only works if you have 1 mail server behind ISA. In fact all traffic originating behind the ISA server gets the IP of .254.

Would be nice of you could somehow specify that the outbound traffic from the mail server goes out with its correct IP of .100
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> Outbound traffic from published server IP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts