• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006, Exchange 2007, and the Edge

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA 2006, Exchange 2007, and the Edge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006, Exchange 2007, and the Edge - 7.Mar.2008 6:18:36 PM   
Quee

Hello All,

I have a large deployment where I'm putting ISA 2006 in front of an Exchange 2007 implementation to publish the Exchange resources through the Internet (OWA, ActiveSync).  The Exchange implementation has an Edge server included and there's very little information from MS or anyone else on proper placement of the ISA server. 

My dilemma is that if I put in the ISA server in front of the Edge server, I lose out on the ability of the ISA server to load balance traffic back to the Exchange CAS servers.  If I put the ISA server behind the Edge server I lose the ability to have traffic load balanced to our ISA array (unless we add yet another load balancer in between which I want to avoid), plus the Edge server remains exposed. 

Does anyone have suggestions on ow to approach this topology?  I need the ISA array to be load balanced and I need to have traffic load balanced back to the CAS servers.

Thank you for your help!
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006, Exchange 2007, and the Edge - 12.Mar.2008 5:45:10 PM   
Snowfresh

Hi,

I would use round robin DNS to spread the load over multiple EDGE servers.

regards
Snow

(in reply to Quee)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA 2006, Exchange 2007, and the Edge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts