• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall service stops when logging to SQL 2005

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Firewall service stops when logging to SQL 2005 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall service stops when logging to SQL 2005 - 9.Mar.2008 1:18:16 PM   
bblazarus

Hi,

I have an ISA 2006 server set up in a unihomed configuration used as a reverse proxy. I am trying to configure web proxy logging to a remote SQL cluster. I am able to log to a SQL 2000 cluster but whenever configuring logging to an SQL 2005 cluster the firewall service shuts down and the event log states that "The ISA server web filter was unable to connect to SQL database".
The SQL server is clustered using a named instance and uses a non standard TCP port. I configured a rule that allows all traffic from localhost to the SQL cluster.
I tried using SQL and Windows authentication for accessing the database and the user has db_owner permissions. Testing the connection from the ISA server always works.
Most of the time the service will shut down immediately after applying the change. On a rare occasion the service will stay alive but after a reboot will not start and produces the same error message.
There seems that there is something on the SQL 2005 side that I am missing. Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Firewall service stops when logging to SQL 2005 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts