• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> FTP Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP Problem - 10.Mar.2008 12:01:20 PM   
doyek

hi all mods and expert,

i have a problem on FTP i cannot access ftp. my client is a SecureNat, Proxy and FW. I setup all this 3 client on an xp machine. i configure access rule on ISA server 2004

FTP Access > FTP/FTP Server > internal > external > selected user.

i am using Ipswitch WS_FTP 8 cracked this FTP works fine when i connected direct to my linksys router without ISA FIREWALL and Domain. Now i got have a problem this FTP. Please can anyone help me. Is there any configuration i missed up?

Regards,
Doyek

"If money is your hope for independence you will never have it.
The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."
Post #: 1
RE: FTP Problem - 17.Mar.2008 1:22:44 PM   
aleangelico

Did you check the FTP filter configuration? just disable the filter and try if this works.

By the way, when you say "Ipswitch WS_FTP 8 cracked ", you mean you are using a pirated copy of this software? I don't think is a good idea to write this in a forum...
Why don't you try FileZilla? is GNU and works pretty good. Or there are many add on for Firefox...

Alex
http://www.novatechinfo.com
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

(in reply to doyek)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP Problem - 17.Mar.2008 2:55:20 PM   
TitusHoc

Is your ISA behind the Linksys router? This could be a problem since you are double NAT-ing. You can try to configure your linksys router as a Router instead as a gateway and try again

Titus

(in reply to doyek)
Post #: 3
RE: FTP Problem - 17.Mar.2008 2:55:21 PM   
pwindell

Disabling the FTP Filter will make it not work.   The FTP Filter is the only way that ISA can monitor the ever changing dynamic port requirements of FTP.  Edit the FTP Filter by unchecking the "Read-Only" checkbox if you expect to do anything other than just download.

Have the Firewall Client installed.

Use the command line FTP to do the testing.  The command line FTP in Windows is so simple it is "stupid proof",  once it works,...then ISA's configuration is fine and any futher problems are with the FTP Client you are running.

Use ISA's live Monitoring Log to do the troubleshooting.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to aleangelico)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> FTP Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll