• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 Exchange 2003 - Can't get OWA publishing working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA 2006 Exchange 2003 - Can't get OWA publishing working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 Exchange 2003 - Can't get OWA publishing working - 10.Mar.2008 7:09:35 PM   
jdinscoe

I'm new to both Exchange and ISA, and all the technical docs that I've read conflict with other published books and message boards I've seen.

I'm building an ISA2006 server to replace the current working ISA2000 server for OWA publishing. 

Current Config:
ISA2000 that redirects owa.domain.com to server1.domain.com which is my Front End server, that connects to server2.domain.com my Back End server.  This works perfectly.

Future Config:
ISA2006 will replace ISA2000 and direct webmail.domain.com to server1.domain.com the FE which will connect to server2.domain.com the BE. 

The only things changing will be ISA2006 to replace ISA2000 and owa.domain.com will be replaced by webmail.domain.com. 

When trying to log in through ISA2006 I get an ISA server prompt for user name and password instead of the OWA HTML form prompt.  This is an ISA dialog, not the generic windows box that pops up for authentication.

I can't figure out how to get either the publishing rule or listener authentication on ISA2006 to allow the OWA HTML form to be published.

I've seen articles that say to turn off Forms-based Authentication on the Front-End server, but it is enabled and working in my current config.

It is preferable to use the familiar OWA HTML form to log in, but I can't find how to get ISA2006 to allow this to work.

Server1 is my Front-End OWA server, and has a certificate from Network Associates that registers it as owa.domain.com.  I have exported this and imported it to ISA2006 in the listener and that seems to be ok.  However, I'm conerned that the cert needs to be registered to server1.domain.com instead of owa.domain.com so that the clients don't get prompted to accept a mis-matched certificate.  I do have a wildcard cert that I could use to re-register my server1 if that would help.

Thanks for your help.

John

< Message edited by jdinscoe -- 10.Mar.2008 7:12:14 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 Exchange 2003 - Can't get OWA publishing w... - 12.Mar.2008 8:49:02 AM   
IanC

Hi John,

Take a look at this document.  It contains a walkthrough for publishing Outlook Web access: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2006/deployment/exchange2003.mspx

In summary, you will need to:

-Create a listener on ISA for FBA
-Create a Exchange Web Publishing rule
-Disable FBA on your Exchange FE server
-Install a certificate on the ISA server with the Common Name webmail.domain.com 
-Create a public DNS host record webmail.domain.com

Ian 

Ian Currie

nAppliance TMG/UAG Appliances - EMEA
www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to jdinscoe)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA 2006 Exchange 2003 - Can't get OWA publishing working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts