• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Smartfilter v4.2.0

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Smartfilter v4.2.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smartfilter v4.2.0 - 11.Mar.2008 11:59:41 AM   
glucas

Hi I wondered if someone out there could help me as i've tried just about everywhere else including the Secure Computing site but to no avail.

I have recently found myself in charge of a site with ISA2006 using the Smartfilter plugin for ISA, the problem that they have is very strange in the fact that Smartfilter will stop users going to sites that they are no allowed to go to but it will not display the Smartfilter block pages, instead it will display the page not available (the standard IE page).

After reading up on Smartfilter i've done the usual which includes making sure that all of the ISA rules are in place including the one from internal to local host and everything is fine. The only clue I seem to have is that the URL to the block pages seem to try and point towards 127.0.0.1 rather than the ISA server it's self, I have tried altering the address in internet explorer to point to the ISA server but only get a server conneciton refused message. However, if I tried and go to a banned website using Internet Explorer on the ISA server the block pages are displayed perfectly (obviously because the URL of 127.0.0.1 stay within the local machine).

It looks to me that whoever installed this product didn't do it correctly, so my only other option is to uninstall the program and re-install it again unless any of you other chaps know any different. I would be helpful for any advice (sensible answers please!).

Regards
GCB
Post #: 1
RE: Smartfilter v4.2.0 - 11.Aug.2008 6:09:18 AM   
RalphF

Hi Glucas,

this is a problem of your isa server policy.

1. you need an fw rule: internal -> local host -> http all users
2. you need a web chaining rule: local host -> retrieve request directly.

then it works

regards
Ralph

(in reply to glucas)
Post #: 2
RE: Smartfilter v4.2.0 - 26.Sep.2008 4:38:30 PM   
reng0r0

The problem here is the fact that when SmartFilter was installed it automatically bound to the localhost interface.  Possibly because the inside interface wasn't configured at the time.

If you look in your SmartFilter ISA Plugin directory there is a file named sfagent.txt.  In there you will find a line:  serveraddr 127.0.0.1

Change that to match the actual local IP. Then restart the SmartFilter agent service.

(in reply to glucas)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Smartfilter v4.2.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts