• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Blocked Website links to Search Engine

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Blocked Website links to Search Engine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blocked Website links to Search Engine - 18.Mar.2008 1:11:28 AM   
TR

Hi Everyone,

Today I've added an access deny rule in the Firewall Policy, blocking access to certain domains listed in a Domain Name Set. (facebook, youtube etc.) We only use Web Proxy Clients.

First time a user tries to access one of the domains, the Microsoft Live Search website comes up, with the name of the domain the users tries to access in the search box and all it's web results for that particular domain.

If a user then clicks on one of the results, like www.youtube.com, it finally comes up with the ISA Error 502 page, indicating that ISA has denied the specified URL.

What's the thing with the Live Search website?
Just out of curiosity I denied access to this site as well and it comes up with another search engine site, first time a user tries to access a restricted domain...

Does anyone know the explanation for that?

Thanks,
TR
Post #: 1
RE: Blocked Website links to Search Engine - 18.Mar.2008 7:45:51 AM   
wlazzell

Hi TR - I did the same thing and get the same result. I have not figured it out, but it has cut down on my traffic as users discover they are no longer allowed access. I will let you know if I figure anything out.

(in reply to TR)
Post #: 2
RE: Blocked Website links to Search Engine - 26.Mar.2008 9:05:15 PM   
TR

Hi wlazzell,

Any news on your end?
It's still doing the same thing for use for most of the blocked websites.
Only a few websites come up with the ISA denied page straight away...

Just wondering, could this has to do with caching, as most of the sites are only blocked during main business hours but are still accessible after hours...

(in reply to wlazzell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Blocked Website links to Search Engine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts