ISA server proxy not working in vista with outlook (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

dharamsale -> ISA server proxy not working in vista with outlook (25.Mar.2008 11:31:07 AM)

I have ISA server 2004 configured network to access Internet using access polices. And domain network. I have some laptop that I not joined to domain but I created same user detail what I have in domain network (Means merrier User) then through proxy (ISA firewall Client) I am able to access Internet and even my outlook also working fine. But when I installed Vista business in my laptop then I configured same setting what I setup for XP laptops but in vista I am able to access Internet using proxy through internet explorer but when I am accessing outlook then ISA firewall client showing cross mark with red colour and I am getting error that I am not able to access mail (not able to find Host) means internet is not working with outlook so please if anyone have solution please share it. Due to this issue I am not able to access vista.  

mkguy -> RE: ISA server proxy not working in vista with outlook (24.Apr.2008 4:22:42 AM)

My first guess would be that you are not running the latest FWC which includes Vista support, but the older ISA 2004 FWC. Is that the case?

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B929556&x=8&y=11
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=05C2C932-B15A-4990-B525-66380743DA89&displaylang=en

Oh lawd, old thread is old....

elmajdal -> RE: ISA server proxy not working in vista with outlook (24.Apr.2008 6:49:57 AM)

Hi,

i have multiple windows vista ultimate and business in my LAN that are not joined to the domain.

The solution is to to mirror the account that the users logon to their laptops on the IAS Server Local Account.

Thats is if the user logon to his vista machine with :

username : Tarek
Password : Majdalani

then . on ISA Server create a new local account with the following credentials :

username : Tarek
Password : Majdalani

then the firewall client on the non domain machine will be able to authenticate.

Page: [1]