• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to install Proxy Share

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> How to install Proxy Share Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to install Proxy Share - 27.Mar.2008 6:35:20 PM   
jabell@ahc.sa.gov.au

How to install Proxy Share
In ISA2004 and ISA2000 there was an option during installation to install the Proxy Client Share so that clients around the network could connect to that share and run the client installation.  This does not seem to be available in ISA2006, and there is certainly no share on the server for this purpose.  What is going on here?  I have a client exe file I downloaded from Microsoft, so is the only way to install the client now?
thanks
John
Post #: 1
RE: How to install Proxy Share - 27.Mar.2008 7:11:37 PM   
elmajdal

Hi,

Its not recommended to use your Firewall , ISA Server, as  a File Server, thats why Microsoft removed the process of Choosing to install the Firewall Client Share during the installation of ISA Server 2006.

However, the Client folder is available inside the ISA Server Cd, and you can copy it to any File Server inside your LAN and share this folder.

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to jabell@ahc.sa.gov.au)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> How to install Proxy Share Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts