• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HTTP but not HTTPS on Most Machines

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> HTTP but not HTTPS on Most Machines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTP but not HTTPS on Most Machines - 8.Apr.2008 9:25:43 PM   
wstrong

Most client machines on internal network can get HTTP information from Internet but not HTTPS. There is one machine that CAN get HTTPS data.

Setup: New Dell1950 Quad x64 4 MB 2 NICs running Windows Server 2008, Domain controller, DNS Server, Hyper-V Roles.

Have one Virtual Machine running Win Server 2003 R2 SP2 with ISA Server 2006 installed configured as edge firewall successfully routing requests from internal to external network - all clients can Ping through.

All clients are Windows XP SP2 and appear to have same configuration (Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings all options unchecked).

Requesting HTTPS page from most client machines results in "Denied Connection" on ISA Server log.

One client machine can connect through with an Alowed Connection message.
I've been looking and looking but I can't find any differences between the client machines and I can't find any reason that ISA would be treating requests from one machine differently. (One note is that the machine that works was turned on when the ISA Server SW was being installed but that doesn't seem at all important).

Any suggestions where to look or what to try next?
Post #: 1
RE: HTTP but not HTTPS on Most Machines - 29.May2008 6:50:27 PM   
cptsternn

I loaded (and reloaded) ISA 2006 in a Hyper-V machine a few times last night.  I had a problem with SMTP passing through.  I found an obscure blog entry that said ISA has a problem with the the NIC's the Hyper-V uses and will drop packets.  In my case the issue showed up right after I would load ISA and reboot: it would take 15 minutes to log in. 

The solution in my case was simple:  change the NICs to the Legacy Nic, redo the IP info and you are all set.   To save some clean up change the existing nics to DHCP before you remove them.

(in reply to wstrong)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> HTTP but not HTTPS on Most Machines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts