• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Testing Connectivity

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Testing Connectivity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Testing Connectivity - 12.Apr.2008 11:18:58 PM   
c_cruizer

I am trying to automate the testing of about 15 ISA enterprise servers to make sure they have round-trip connectivity from within our intranet, to a test site on the internet. I would like to do my testing either from a single W2K3 server or an XP desktop.

Adding another feature-rich monitoring tool to our infrastruction has already been rejected. Since we are already monitoring the ISA services, event logs and other items, all I really need to do is to check to make sure we can really touch external sites.

Question: Is there a command line option that will allow me to designate which proxy server I want to go through and the URL I want to test? What about a simple app or tool I can use that can be called from and return info back to a script?
Post #: 1
RE: Testing Connectivity - 16.Apr.2008 10:01:22 PM   
c_cruizer

Well... if you first don't succeed, look for another way of doing it.

I created a small vbscript that will reside on each ISA server. A monitoring application passes it a url to test using telnet to port 80. The results are written to a file. The monitoring application then checks the file to see if it has the correct info. If not, it will test two more time in two minute intervals before generating the necessary alert.

(But I sure would have liked to do it all from one central location instead of having to place anything on the ISA boxes.)

(in reply to c_cruizer)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Testing Connectivity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts