• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

(3) DSL lines into one ISA Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> (3) DSL lines into one ISA Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(3) DSL lines into one ISA Server - 14.Apr.2008 1:51:41 PM   
jgarcia

I posted this in the Networking Forum and received no response so I am posting here in hopes that I get some feedback.

"Hi All,

I'm consolidating two offices in about two weeks. Verizon cannot keep me at a 7Mb/784Kb because I am too far from the CO and lowered me to a 3Mb/784Kb instead. I need more bandwidth, but I can't get cable in our area, Verizon FiOS is not available, and T1's are out of the question. My only choice is to order two more DSL lines from Verizon at the same bandwidth that I am currently at. My question is how do I bundle them with my ISA server? Do I run all the DSL modems to a switch and then to the exterenal NIC on the ISA Server? My current ISA Server has two NIC's installed - one for interal and one for external.

Also what changes do I need to make to the ISA server as well?

Thank you you for your help. "
Post #: 1
RE: (3) DSL lines into one ISA Server - 14.Apr.2008 8:28:22 PM   
ptlinva

If you get (1) IP address from Verizon for all three DSL lines, then it should work.

However, if Verizon is setting you up with three seperate DSL, it will not work.

AT&T sells T1's for $504/m and that includes the local loops for most anywhere in the US.  I'm in the boonies and have (3) T1 lines at that price and it meets my needs just fine.  I'm not sure what you paying for (3) DSL lines but it's got to be adding up.

There are options out there for combing seperate pipes but there are some pros and cons.

In your case, your outgoing traffic (if you host websites or something similiar) will be round-robin to share the bandwidth across all three lines.

However, all incoming traffic (web surfing for your internal clients) will always come down through one pipe so your bandwidth will always be restricted to (1) DSL line coming down.

Hope that helps... Have a wonderful day!
Paul Laudenslager
paul@virginiahost.com
540-854-5450

(in reply to jgarcia)
Post #: 2
RE: (3) DSL lines into one ISA Server - 23.Apr.2008 3:00:14 PM   
jgarcia

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your input, but unfortunately - I must stay within my budget for ISP service and T1's are out of scope.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Again, (3) DSL modems going to (1) ISA Server. Is there a W2K3 option aside from ISA?

(in reply to ptlinva)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> (3) DSL lines into one ISA Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts