• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 18.Apr.2008 7:26:16 PM   
lepton

I am out of usable IP's on my outside nic for use with ISA. I added 5 new IP's by adding them to the outside nic and ISA stopped working. No errors, just no more connectivity from outside or from inside - out. I took the IP's off, restarted and it was still not working. I reinstalled and that did not work either. Finally I uninstalled again, switched the nics so that outside was now the inside adapter and vice versam reinstalled and it worked (I have no idea why I even did this). Any ideas what would cause this? Am I adding IP's incorrectly, this way worked with 2004? Could IP's that were already being used cause this? I am asking because I am not confident in my ISP.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 19.Apr.2008 7:19:15 AM   
remdotc

Did you go through the settings of External Networks and changing the information there?

Did you check the ip addresses using another computer?

(in reply to lepton)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 19.Apr.2008 12:53:56 PM   
lepton

I added the IP's via the Network Connections in control panel to the outside nic card. That is the way I used to add ip's for 2004 and it was fine. Is there a new area in 2006 ISA management to add external IP's? I didn't see one. I checked all of the IP addresses that I was told to use after I posted with a port scanner and 2 were in use (I am going to change my isp). But why would isa still not work after I removed the offending ip's and restarted. I looked at the routing table and it looked ok?

(in reply to remdotc)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 22.Apr.2008 1:56:50 PM   
tshinder

Are all the IP addresses on the same network ID?

Also, you need to restart the ISA Firewall console when changing Ip addresses on the external interface of the ISA Firewall.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to lepton)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 22.Apr.2008 3:02:11 PM   
lepton

Same network and I restarted. Here is my info:

Current: x.x.90.211-218
mask: 255.255.255.0
gate: x.x.90.1

Want to add 220-229.

Thanks!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 24.Apr.2008 9:57:17 AM   
tshinder

Do you see any errors in the Event Viewer?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to lepton)
Post #: 6
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 25.Apr.2008 6:05:44 PM   
lepton

Nothing in event viewer except a Netlogon saying can't find an ad box, which is reasonable since I cannot get anywhere after the IP addresses were added. I have been using ISA since it's inception and never had something like this happen. I think it is an ip conflict like I mentioned before but I don't know why it wouldn't start working again after I removed the IP's.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 27.Apr.2008 9:33:59 AM   
tshinder

What happens if you just add one address? Just add .19 and see what happens.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to lepton)
Post #: 8
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 28.Apr.2008 3:20:57 AM   
mutasem

Hi All

I have a similar Problem to this.

Some IP Confilct happens with the ISA, and when it happens the ISA just disconnect clients.

in the EventLog, it says that there was an IP conflict with the MAC address xxx.xxx

How can I stop this ? I mean the disconnection if an invalid IP address conflicts with the ISA.
Am already working on a solution to make all IP`s DHCP and make a Group Policy to Porhibit users from altering the TCP/IP Properities. (No more Allowing Static IP`s to prevent the Conflict).... But till I do this, I want to stop the disconnection when there`s such a conflict.

Thank you All.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 9
RE: ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC - 29.Apr.2008 6:42:46 PM   
tshinder

That's an interesting problem. However, if the ISA Firewall was the original owner of the IP address, it shouldn't be disconnected. The client that was reconfigured would not be allowed to own the address. Are you seeing something different?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mutasem)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> ISA crashes when adding outside IP address to NIC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts