• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Users are not prompted for password change on OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Users are not prompted for password change on OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Users are not prompted for password change on OWA - 1.May2008 2:28:31 PM   
dd71

We are having an issue with OWA users on the public side not being notified that their password is about to expire. The option for the user to be able to change their  password is enabled but I cannot find any articles on enabling the change password expiration notification on ISA 2004. 
Post #: 1
RE: Users are not prompted for password change on OWA - 2.May2008 8:10:03 AM   
shijaz

This option is available only on ISA Server 2006.

On the web listener properties, open the Forms tab. Look in the Password Management section. Select the option to Remind users to change their password XX days before expiry.

< Message edited by shijaz -- 2.May2008 8:23:56 AM >

(in reply to dd71)
Post #: 2
RE: Users are not prompted for password change on OWA - 20.Jan.2009 7:24:11 PM   
eastmarw

From what I can tell so far is that this option alone does not work.  We have migrated from Netware to Windows for file and print, and have users that very rarely come into the office or perform a VPN connetion to the office.  Since the password expiration was taken care of by the eDirectory tree which then update AD via DirXML.  They would log into our portal which would notify them that their password had expired and had to be changed.  Now that eDirectory is out of the picture and AD is used for authencitation the checkbox for OWA thru ISA to notify users of password expiration does not work.

I have set it at the default 15 tested it not notification, set it for 30, 60, 75, 90, and it still will not notify the user that their password will expire in XX days.

So I am starting to belive that there could be something on the workstation side or exchange side of things that I am not familir with.

(in reply to shijaz)
Post #: 3
RE: Users are not prompted for password change on OWA - 20.Jan.2009 7:38:41 PM   
Jason Jones

Have you met the prereqs for Password Management like having SSL server certificates on your domain controllers?

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to eastmarw)
Post #: 4
RE: Users are not prompted for password change on OWA - 21.Jan.2009 2:57:48 AM   
eastmarw

Morning Jason,

After  digging deeper into the forums I noticed that I would have to use LDAPS and a certificate.  So that is why I'm up so early (Maintenance Window) to look into how the previous guy has ISA setup.  I'll let you know what I find out!

Thanks

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Users are not prompted for password change on OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts