• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web publishing from DMZ authentication methods

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Web publishing from DMZ authentication methods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web publishing from DMZ authentication methods - 2.May2008 11:48:47 AM   
awj

I am looking for suggestions on what the best approach to publishing an SSL web site in this scenario might be.

The configuration all on Windows 2003 server

IIS Web Server for the application located in the DMZ using SSL with same certificate also installed on ISA Listener set to SSL only traffic.
- currently on stand along machine

Backend Server for the application on internal LAN
- rule setup to allow required traffic between web server and back end server

Firewall is member of the internal Domain

The application is capable of checking who the currently logged on user is in windows and then pass through authenticating them if the username matches one in its internal database (the domain is not checked only the username e.g john.smith)

I want to either authenticate with the internal domain by setting up a group of users on the firewall rule pulled from the internal domain and then the username should be available for the app to check against

or

Other option i had considered was creating a new Domain in the DMZ and trying to use this to authenticate the users but i am not sure how i can link a domain the firewall is not a member of to be used for authentication at the firewall.

PS The application can present a web form that allows a user to login but i am trying to prevent anyone even getting to the web site until they hae succesfully authenticated.

Any suggestions or further questions most welcome.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Web publishing from DMZ authentication methods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts