• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ERROR IN LOGGING MSN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> ERROR IN LOGGING MSN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ERROR IN LOGGING MSN - 6.May2008 8:57:35 AM   
eliefrancis

HI ALL , PLZ CAN ANYONE HELP ME
I HAVE SBS SERVER 2003 WITH ISA2000
THE CLIENTS CAN CONNECT SUCCESUFFLY TO THE INTERNET THREW PROXY BUT THEY CANNOT LOG IN TO MSN THREW PROXY
N.B IF I ENTER TO CONNECTION SETTINGS IN MSN I MAKE CONNECTION TEST TO THE INTERNET AND I GET A SUCCESSFUL TECT BUT STILL CAN'T LOG IN TO MSN
THIS ISSUE IS ON ALL PC'S IN MY NETWORK
Post #: 1
RE: ERROR IN LOGGING MSN - 14.May2008 10:54:58 PM   
AHIT

STOP THE SHOUTING!!!

Given this is logged in the web proxy client sub-forum, I presume that these machines have been configured as web-proxy clients?
Additionally, do the users attempting to use MSN have site&Content rules defined which allow them ACCESS to the destinations? Bear in mind this may be a multitude of domains/URL's to get access within MSN Messenger (I presume you do mean messenger?).
Usethe search facility (http://forums.isaserver.org/search.aspx) of the forums as I'm sure you'll find a multitude of posts where others have a similarly experienced issues solved a multitide of ways.

http://www.ahit.com.au/isa
(Previous nick: Tolk)

(in reply to eliefrancis)
Post #: 2
RE: ERROR IN LOGGING MSN - 22.May2008 4:07:19 AM   
eliefrancis

i don't have any rule that affect logging in to messenger
i've tried to open all rule and give all clients access to internet but still have the same problem
any other help

Post #: 3
RE: ERROR IN LOGGING MSN - 19.Aug.2008 11:46:23 AM   
RW27

Hi,

This may be what you're after.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc750612.aspx

Here's an section of it that may be of use to you, that it if you're clients are web proxy clients. If not read the rest of the document as it covers the SecureNAT and Firewall client configs.

Configure Text Messaging Through Web Proxy
To use instant text messaging (chat) through the Web Proxy service, you need to set up a default protocol rule to allow the HTTP protocol, and then add the content group to your HTTP available content types.

1. In the console tree of ISA Manager, click to expand Access Policy, right-click Protocol Rules, and then click New, Rule.

2. In Name, give the protocol rule a name, and then click Next.

3. Click Allow, and then click Next.

4. In Apply this rule to, click to select Selected Protocols, and then in Protocols, select HTTP. Then click Next.

5. In Schedule, click Next to accept the default, or set up a schedule for applying the rule.

6. In Apply the rule to requests from, select Any request, and then click Next.

7. Click Finish to finish creating the new protocol rule.

Once you have created a protocol rule, add the content group:

1. In the console tree of ISA Manager, click to expand Access Policy, and then click Site and Content Rules.

2. In the details pane, right-click the ISA Server default Site and Content rule, and then click Properties.

3. On the HTTP Content tab, select Specified content groups, and then click New.

4. In Name, type a name for the new content group.

5. In Available Types, type application/x-msn-messenger, and then click Add.

Hope this helps.

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> ERROR IN LOGGING MSN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts