• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with website

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Problem with website Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with website - 6.May2008 6:47:45 PM   
johnsco

I work in an Educational environment.  We have ISA Server 2004 SP3 running with Firewall and Proxy services.  I have the firewall client installed on each of the computers used by students.  I am having a problem with one particular website which is http://webct.uidaho.edu where I am getting the following error code.

Error Code 11001: Host not found
Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access. This is usually due to a DNS-related error.
Date: 5/6/2008 9:56:27 PM
Server:  "Our ISA server" 
Source: DNS error
I was thinking it was a problem on the other end.  However, when I try this website on my home computer away from our Firewall I am able to bring up the webpage.  I would appreicate any help I could get on this.  Thanks in advance and I appologize if this issue is posted somewhere else and I have missed it.   
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with website - 7.May2008 7:38:58 PM   
jmilito

Generally it is a DNS error... ISA and the firewall client are very sensitive to DNS issues. Are you doing any DNS caching? Have you tried to add this website to the bypass in the network config? As always I recommend downloading and running the latest ISA BPA tool to check your config for common issues.

(in reply to johnsco)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with website - 8.May2008 12:55:17 PM   
johnsco

Thanks for the response..
The problem was DNS related on the other end.  Problem solved

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Problem with website Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts