• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

External Access to Internal Servers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> External Access to Internal Servers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
External Access to Internal Servers - 8.May2008 8:01:56 PM   
jgarcia

I posted this in a different section of these forums and never got any feedback so I'm hoping to get something here.

I assigned three ISP Static addresses to three servers, but cannot get to those servers from the outside nor can I even ping them. I cannot ping the external IP from within the same office, but can ping the internal IP. If I am on any of the servers - I can ping both intenal and external IP's.

I think that my policies (or lack of one needed) is causing this problem, but I am not 100% sure.

The servers are for my new DC's and Exchange and I'm falling behind and getting this completed.
Post #: 1
RE: External Access to Internal Servers - 9.May2008 3:02:34 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

If you need to access your Internal Server from an External Network ( Internet ), then you will need to create publishing rules.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to jgarcia)
Post #: 2
RE: External Access to Internal Servers - 9.May2008 12:59:01 PM   
jgarcia

Hi Tarek,

Thanks for responding.

I tried that, but I still couldn't get it to work right. I'll go through it again and maybe I missed something. Do you have anything I can use for reference? I did check your website and could'nt find anything.

I'll check the Microsoft site too.

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: External Access to Internal Servers - 10.May2008 7:15:38 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

You want to control these devices from External Networks ?

If yes, then check my article : Publishing ULTRA VNC with ISA Server 2006

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to jgarcia)
Post #: 4
RE: External Access to Internal Servers - 12.May2008 3:16:42 PM   
jgarcia

Hi Tarek,

I'm not really tryuing to control then from the outside. I have used your past articles to accomplish taht. What I am doin is seeting up a new infrastructure at my office and that includes a totally new and seperate domain, DNS/WINS/DHCP servers, and a new Exchange server. Our email is currently POP3 via Time Warner.

The servers are all setup with their two NIC's and applicable IP's for internal and external, but I just can't ping those servers from the outside. I found what I think I might need from an article by Mr. Shinder here: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA-Firewall-Publishing-OWA-RPC-HTTP-Single-IP-Address-Part1.html

So, I'm hoping that I am going in the right direction.

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> External Access to Internal Servers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts