• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

problem internal pptp vpn connection isa 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> VPN >> problem internal pptp vpn connection isa 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem internal pptp vpn connection isa 2006 - 31.May2008 7:53:43 PM   
andfirth

Hi Tom

I have a problem with my vpn connection.
Before I setup many times and it works fine.

I build up a machine with isa server 2006 and w2k3 sp1 and a second machine who is dc and exchange 2003 is running on.

I have no publishing problems , exchange ow ssl is working fine.

I configured the vpn client access on the isa firewall  with radius., I did it before so Iam sure I configured it right.

On the DC I setup IAS with the isa machine as radius client.
On the VPN properties page  in ISA Management console I set VPN for both networks internal and external.

I use internal because I want to test a VPN connection from inside my lan to the isa firewall.

I have a nat router in front of the isa which I make a forwarding rule for pptp tcp.

When I try to make a VPN connection from an internal client (XP)  I use the the internal adress of the ISA firewall ( 192.168.16.2).,but I get 800 error.

I  see in the log of the isa firewall a failed connection attempt to port 1723.
I can ping from the client the internal adress from the firewall  so its reachable but the attempt failed.

Iam not using servicepack 2 at the moment on the dc. Iam using only sp1 for isa server 2006 which is necesarry to install.

Still I can't make a vpn connection with xp or vista or what ever.

Iam missing something ? did I need more ports to forward for example radius  or did I have to make an acces rule for the vpn ?

I have already an acces rule from internal to Local Host for all protocols and  vpn  client to internal rule which is made by using the edge firewall template.

Please can someone help  me its becoming a nightmare

thanks andy
Post #: 1
RE: problem internal pptp vpn connection isa 2006 - 1.Jun.2008 6:20:21 PM   
andfirth

I solved the problem myself . I put the wrong machine in the radius configuration . I made the dc machine the radius client instead of the isa firewall machine.
after putting the right host name the problem is solved and I have also no problems with sp2 on both machines which I had installed.
I think I made both machines complete with all the updates and maybe there was a fix inclued for vpn problems other people had with sp2.

quote:

ORIGINAL: andfirth

Hi Tom

I have a problem with my vpn connection.
Before I setup many times and it works fine.

I build up a machine with isa server 2006 and w2k3 sp1 and a second machine who is dc and exchange 2003 is running on.

I have no publishing problems , exchange ow ssl is working fine.

I configured the vpn client access on the isa firewall  with radius., I did it before so Iam sure I configured it right.

On the DC I setup IAS with the isa machine as radius client.
On the VPN properties page  in ISA Management console I set VPN for both networks internal and external.

I use internal because I want to test a VPN connection from inside my lan to the isa firewall.

I have a nat router in front of the isa which I make a forwarding rule for pptp tcp.

When I try to make a VPN connection from an internal client (XP)  I use the the internal adress of the ISA firewall ( 192.168.16.2).,but I get 800 error.

I  see in the log of the isa firewall a failed connection attempt to port 1723.
I can ping from the client the internal adress from the firewall  so its reachable but the attempt failed.

Iam not using servicepack 2 at the moment on the dc. Iam using only sp1 for isa server 2006 which is necesarry to install.

Still I can't make a vpn connection with xp or vista or what ever.

Iam missing something ? did I need more ports to forward for example radius  or did I have to make an acces rule for the vpn ?

I have already an acces rule from internal to Local Host for all protocols and  vpn  client to internal rule which is made by using the edge firewall template.

Please can someone help  me its becoming a nightmare

thanks andy

< Message edited by andfirth -- 1.Jun.2008 6:21:36 PM >

(in reply to andfirth)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> VPN >> problem internal pptp vpn connection isa 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts