• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA servers in different sites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA servers in different sites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA servers... - 4.Jun.2008 3:48:46 AM   
mit_3990

We are facing problem with WPAD configuration in ISA. We have installed the multiple ISA in different sites. All ISA servers are member of single domain. We have configured multiple DNS in single domain.

Now we have to enable WPAD configuration for internal networks of ISA server. The internal network should get respective site ISA server as proxy address. But in our scenario it gets sometimes different site ISA server as proxy address.

Is it necessory to keep WPAD alies name in DNS or else alies name can we keep.

Any suggestions will be appricated.

HTH
Mitesh Patel
Post #: 1
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 4.Jun.2008 4:24:16 AM   
Jason Jones

Hi,

FYI - I have removed your original post as this one appears to be a duplicate...

Thanks

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 2
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 4.Jun.2008 8:03:25 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

have you tried to take a look at Tomīs article?

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring-WPAD-Support-ISA-Firewall-Web-Proxy-Firewall-Clients.html

Regards.

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 3
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 5.Jun.2008 1:10:00 AM   
mit_3990

Thanks for the reply.

I have been gone through the given link. WPAD is working but i need respective ISA Server would be available for Internal network of respective sites. In my scenario there is single domain with multiple DNS so i could not make more than one WPAD alies for different ISA server so sometimes it takes different site ISA server for its local site also.

Thanks

Mitesh Patel

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 4
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 5.Jun.2008 2:58:29 AM   
HePa

The solution is DHCP, if you have local DHCP server on the remote locations(?). You can also use netmask ordering but easiest is to use DHCP.

HePa

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 5
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 5.Jun.2008 3:00:40 AM   
HePa

Copy and paste from http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring-WPAD-Support-ISA-Firewall-Web-Proxy-Firewall-Clients.html, which paulo referd to:

Another method that can be used to deliver autodiscovery information to Web Proxy and Firewall clients is DNS. You can create a wpad alias entry in DNS and allow browser clients to use this information to automatically configure themselves. DNS is a viable option, but you have to be aware that if you have multiple networks, each with itís own ISA Firewall, then youíll need to have different wpad entries for each network. While you can support multiple networks and multiple ISA Firewalls using DNS by taking advantage of netmask ordering, most companies perform to use DHCP wpad to support local networks, since they need to use local DHCP server anyway to assign local clients addressing information.

HePa

(in reply to HePa)
Post #: 6
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 5.Jun.2008 4:16:15 AM   
mit_3990

Thank you Henrik Parkkinen ...

I will check and revert back with the status.

Thanks & Regards
Mitesh patel

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 7
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 5.Jun.2008 8:58:04 AM   
HePa

No problems!
Give some feedback when you've tested your configurations.

Good luck and have fun!

Best regards
Henrik Parkkinen

HePa

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 8
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 9.Jun.2008 9:44:27 AM   
tshinder

Hey guys,

Just to reinforce the point that Henrik made, you can use either DNS with netmask ordering or DHCP.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to HePa)
Post #: 9
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 10.Jun.2008 12:51:51 AM   
mit_3990

Dear Henrik Parkkinen and Toms

As per your guideline, WPAD working in single domain with multiple DNS using DHCP. But we are not using DHCP in all network and in some network DHCP configured in router and it is handled by third party.

Can we configure the same DHCP scope for WPAD in router, HOW ??

Can we do the same WPAD configuration in single domain with multiple DNS and multiple ISA using different way ???

I dont know how to configure DNS netmask order for WPAD.

Thanks & Warm Regards

Mitesh Patel

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 10
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 10.Jun.2008 11:23:37 AM   
tshinder

Read up on DNS netmask ordering over at the MS Technet site. It's very easy to configure and works will within the constraints presented by the feature.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 11
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 11.Jun.2008 2:19:16 AM   
HePa

A KB article of what we discussed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842197

HePa

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 12
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 11.Jun.2008 10:34:18 AM   
tshinder

Hi Henrik,

Good one!

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to HePa)
Post #: 13
RE: WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA ser... - 13.Jun.2008 1:47:51 AM   
HePa

No problems!'
Thx for the feedback.

BR
Henrik Parkkinen

HePa

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 14

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> WPAD in single domain with multiple DNS and ISA servers in different sites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts