• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Report Client Username/hostname

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Report Client Username/hostname Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Report Client Username/hostname - 4.Jun.2008 11:50:01 AM   
crc_crash

Dear All,

I am a newb to ISA server; I've recently joined a company where the ISA 2004 was already in place and I have been asked to configure a web monitoring report. I've followed tutorials online and have configured the report. The only problem is the client IP addresses are displayed, as opposed to hostnames or usernames; and because we have DHCP in our network, this can change very often and so we have no real way of keeping tab of whose who.

I've seen the other posts regarding this with the fliter that can be downloaded; I've done that and the URL now appears in the form of the actual address, rather than the IP; so www.google.co.uk is displayed for example.

How can I get the same functionality for my clients??

This is a fairly urgent requirement and hope someone can be off any help soon...

I should also say that I'm not authorised to use any products that are expensive, but have researched the LogHostName product and that appears to only be $49. If that is the case, and it works perfectly, then I can use that, but ideally, I'm told to use this ISA server direct functionaltiy. I know I'm almost there because in the report everything appears perfectly, with the exception of the clients hostname/username.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Crash
Post #: 1
RE: Report Client Username/hostname - 4.Jun.2008 12:16:22 PM   
Jason Jones

Configure your rules to use a specific group or 'All authenticated users', as using the 'All users' condition will treat everybody as anonymous and hence not request, or log, the username element.

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to crc_crash)
Post #: 2
RE: Report Client Username/hostname - 4.Jun.2008 7:27:33 PM   
elmajdal

For the URL instead of IPs, check the free filter i provide on my website : Hostname Logger v 1.2 for ISA Server 

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to crc_crash)
Post #: 3
RE: Report Client Username/hostname - 5.Jun.2008 12:00:23 AM   
SandyAnderson

Beginner's question. I suppose, you enabled hostlogger and now you asking about client name logging. There is two ways to enable it: use ISA Firewall Client software (preliminary installed on every client's PC) or access web thru the ISA Server proxy (with autentification enabled). As for me, first is more preferable (more control options)

(in reply to crc_crash)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Report Client Username/hostname Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts