• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can not access printers in remote sites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Can not access printers in remote sites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can not access printers in remote sites - 23.Jun.2008 3:33:33 PM   
zoro

The problem is, I can not access printers in two remote sites that have printers with statically assigned IPs.
All printers are accessible from other sites, but problem is only when I try to access them from sites that have ISA as Front End Firewall.
I have Site to Site tunnels working just fine and no restrictions in tunnel whatsover, since it is encrypted and All Users allowed.
I can ping printers and I can even open folders on PCs in remote sites by typing \\192.168.4.9\d$ and folders structure comes on and I can browse, but I get the error when I try to open web interface of the printers. Again, they have all static IPs and are accessible from other sites.
I did Monitoring on ISA to catch traffic from my PC when I try to open web interface of the remote printer and I see in monitoring section Error information 0x40 Initiated Connection on http (I don't have https on printers enabled) and after that Failed Connection Attempt on port 80.
I do not have Proxy on in my IE and the same is from any PC behind ISA.
I talked to 3rd party firewall maker and my traffic in that momnet on port 80 is not even reaching remote fwall. I have tested myself by capturing traffic at the same time and it seems my pings and CIFS when browsing folders remotely are working just fine, but port 80 simply nothing.
If it was routing, then I wouldn't be able to ping and browse remotely PCs in other sites, I guess???
Does anyone have an idea? I am sure it is ISA and again, Firewall Policy is OK, since it allows All Users and All traffic between sites -two way direction.

Thanks,

Zoro

Post #: 1
RE: Can not access printers in remote sites - 24.Jun.2008 12:06:32 PM   
zoro

Just as an FYI, if anyone gets into same issue. I have fixed it by changing port on web site of the printers to other then 80, since WEB Proxy filter on ISA was blocking me (THATS GOOD)

Zoro

(in reply to zoro)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Can not access printers in remote sites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts