• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to configure two WAN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> How to configure two WAN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to configure two WAN - 26.Jun.2008 11:50:49 PM   
nilupa

I have two WAN connection, lease line & ADSL line. Now i want to configure these two connection to one server. Is that possible ?.
Post #: 1
RE: How to configure two WAN - 27.Jun.2008 4:10:33 AM   
ianfermo

Hi,

ISA does not support multiple Gateway and RainConnect is the only one can do the job and it's already out of the market.

Solution will be have a router infront of ISA that supports multiple WAN fault/load balancing. There are couple of it in the market like linksys or dlink to start with.

Are you the same nilupa in GFI forums? :)

Cheers... 

(in reply to nilupa)
Post #: 2
RE: How to configure two WAN - 27.Jun.2008 4:16:07 AM   
beldorion

Hi Nilupa,

This configuration is not supported by default in ISA Server.

MS Documentation:
ISA Server Does Not Support Multiple External Interfaces
Problem: ISA Server does not support multiple external connections to the Internet.

Cause: ISA Server does not support configuring multiple connections on the External network adapter.
Solution: No workaround. There are a number of third-party products that may provide a solution.

ISA Server Does Not Support Multiple Default Gateways

Problem: ISA Server does not support multiple default gateways configured on the same network adapter, or on different adapters.
Solution: Set a default gateway on only one of the ISA Server network adapters. Do not configure more than one default gateway on that adapter. The default gateway is usually set on the network adapter associated with the ISA Server default External network.

You'll need to install a router which support multiple external connections or use an addon.

Have a look at this article too:
Multiple WAN Connections and ISA 2006 EE Firewall Arrays
http://blogs.isaserver.org/shinder/2006/11/09/multiple-wan-connections-and-isa-2006-ee-firewall-arrays/

Olivier

(in reply to nilupa)
Post #: 3
RE: How to configure two WAN - 27.Jun.2008 8:57:59 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

if you want to use this second connection line to a specific purpose, like a dedicated VPN, you can add a new route on ISA server machine to support it!
If this is not the case, ISA canīt handle it.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to nilupa)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> How to configure two WAN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts