• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

IF ISA can DO this !! .. it will be powerful

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> IF ISA can DO this !! .. it will be powerful Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IF ISA can DO this !! .. it will be powerful - 27.Jun.2008 3:45:59 AM   
IQ TECHNOLOGY

Regards
Dear all ISA developers
As you know , the ISA cache is powerful point in ISA server , but to make this point more and more efficient  , you have to take in consideration the following note even it lock like very difficult to achieve :
You know  that the most of the web pages are a dynamic pages and should not stored in the cache to work fine ..
That lead us the cache will work only for static pages (very rear ) and files ( small ones only )
But ..
The most media files in the dynamic pages are the same and not changed frequently  like pictures and flashes  ..
If you can save these media files only in the cache and only bring the html code or  php  code .etc   , from the source page it will be great since these code are very small in size 
And the sever will cache approximately every thing in the web except the large files .
Just a note and you are the experts  
Regards

< Message edited by IQ TECHNOLOGY -- 27.Jun.2008 3:47:17 AM >

IQ TECHNOLOGY
Post #: 1
RE: IF ISA can DO this !! .. it will be powerful - 8.Aug.2008 10:23:26 AM   
fixitchris

So you are saying that all JPG, GIF, FLV, BMP should be cached on every page?  What about pages like e-bay where the image filename generation is probably some automatic function.  What if over a period of time image filename 123456789.jpg is regenarated  and you buy a Ferrarri instead of a Toyota???

Do you have an example page?

See the Traffic Monitor at http://sync-io.net/ISATools.aspx.  It has the ability to force insert items into the cache...

(in reply to IQ TECHNOLOGY)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> IF ISA can DO this !! .. it will be powerful Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts