• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

website name instead of IP address in ISA 2006 reports

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> website name instead of IP address in ISA 2006 reports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
website name instead of IP address in ISA 2006 reports - 28.Jun.2008 6:30:27 AM   
mit_3990

Hello,

We have installed 30 numbers of ISA Server 2006 (Enterprise edition) in our network. There are External connectivity with only 2 ISA servers and rest of the servers are connecting with upstream server via webchaining for Internet access.

We have created the reports in all ISA servers. We are getting the Websites IP details instead of websites name in ISA reports. We have observed that whenever the request from Firewall clients installed workstation, sometimes it shows the website name in ISA reports.

Is it mandetory to install the firewall clinet in all workstation, to get Destination website name instead of Website IP address or else workaround is there ???

Awaiting for your valuable solutions.

Thanks & Regards
Mitesh Patel
Post #: 1
RE: website name instead of IP address in ISA 2006 reports - 28.Jun.2008 7:44:28 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

The solution is with the free filter here : Hostname Logger v 1.2 for ISA Server

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to mit_3990)
Post #: 2
RE: website name instead of IP address in ISA 2006 reports - 28.Jun.2008 2:28:01 PM   
ferrix

LogHostname isn't free like that one (costs $45/server) but it has the advantage that it prevents spoofing, and has a nice installer :)

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> website name instead of IP address in ISA 2006 reports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts