• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

mail client access questions

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> mail client access questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mail client access questions - 2.Jul.2008 6:16:42 PM   
kwhelan

I have read the article about outlook and enabling the firewall client but it doesn't cover all senarios,maybe because they are just impossible but can someone clarify please.

Being in a college we seem to want to push ISA in a lot of harder ways with differing access levels for students and staff and guests than most companies do and it is a constant challenge.

We have domain clients some with firewall client, some with proxy eg OSX clients.
We have a local mail server published  and available both internally and externally working perfectly.

For staff to access their private isp mail accounts they have been forced to use webmail  while at work and connected to the domain because pop and smtp isnt open.

I want to open pop and smtp for staff to allow access to private isp mail using any email client software they choose and by making a rule opening smtp and pop for all users this seemed to work during tests.

The issue is CAN
I lock this rule to only staff and not just open to anyone.Editing the firewall client for outlook would work for some people but doesn't help people using programs other than outlook or people without firewall client like OSX. Article also  mentioned that it causes problems with internal mail.

My understanding is that it can't be done.This seems crazy that I can force all unauth people to authenticate for web access but have to leave mail wide open to anyone.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> mail client access questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts