• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MSDE not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> MSDE not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MSDE not working - 15.Jul.2008 11:57:30 AM   
savage1

I am currently using 2006 se and we have msde installed on the ISA server. The msde no longer works and im not sure why. i have tried to retart the services as well as the server with no positive results.

msde for 2006 instance shows up in add remove programs as well as in the task bar on the server, but not instance is running or able to run when i try to start it. I am guessing at this point i will need to either re-install the msde component or repair any advice or insight is appriciated.
Post #: 1
RE: MSDE not working - 16.Jul.2008 10:26:27 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

is there any error messages? Was something changed before this happen?
Please provide more information.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to savage1)
Post #: 2
RE: MSDE not working - 19.Aug.2008 10:07:02 AM   
savage1

Not really, its just when I go into logging or sessions under monitoring i will start a filter or query and under logging it just says fetching results but nothing ever comes up. when i am under sessions nothing comes up at all.

this is why I started leaning toward the msde issue as well as the fact it doesn't start right in the tool bar.

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 3
RE: MSDE not working - 19.Aug.2008 11:38:29 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

make sure the logging is enable for the firewall and web proxy services. Go to Logging tab and at the tasks click configure firewall logging. On the Firewall logging properties check if the log format is MSDE and if the enable logging for this service is flaged.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to savage1)
Post #: 4
RE: MSDE not working - 14.Oct.2008 3:04:35 PM   
savage1

Thanks for your help however I figured out it was a goof on my part had too many filters applied and it was causing chaos.

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 5
RE: MSDE not working - 17.Oct.2008 11:51:39 AM   
pdsavard

I Got exactly the same problem. One hour ago all work good, Now if I start a filter I got: Fetching Result but nothing appear.

You said that too many filter applied. How I can reset this? I try to move the DB to another folder, restart the ISA server several time. but I stuck with no result in the logging panel.

Thanks for your help.

(in reply to savage1)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> MSDE not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts