• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Please Help? ISA + VM

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Please Help? ISA + VM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please Help? ISA + VM - 18.Jul.2008 10:18:50 AM   
twotribez

Hi guys, 

Glad I found this forum, it has been pretty helpful. 

Here is my problem, I am currently setting up a complete virtual environment on VMWare Workstation 6 for testing and educational purposes.  All the machines below will be VM.

Here is what I am trying to achieve. 
ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition will be my internal network firewall, web-proxy, VPN.

I am also trying to emulate 2 different subnets on my VMs so that I can simulate replication across Wanlinks.  I am currently using Freesco for this.

This is my current setup:-
ADSL modem connected to Linksys WRT54G Router which in turn is connected to my PC.

My PC is running VMware Workstation 6 using Freesco to communicate between 2 Virtual Subnets.

1. Freesco is configured with 3 NICs.  Nic1 is bridged to my PC, thus has an IP of 192.168.1.254.  Nic 2 is configured for 192.168.2.254 and Nic 3 is configured for 192.168.3.254.

2. DC1's IP is 192.168.2.1, gateway is 192.168.2.254
3. DC2's IP is 192.168.3.1, gateway is 192.168.2.254

Both DC1 and 2 are DHCP servers and DNS Servers.  I have set forwarders in DNS to point to my ISPs DNS Servers.  This works fine as any PCs joining the domain can resolve external URLs.

Next thing I did was to setup an ISA server.  I tried to follow the instructions on this site but I think I went wrong somewhere in terms of configuring the NICs.  The ISA box has 2 virtual NICs. One for internal and one for external.  External card, I configured the IP address of 192.168.1.110 which is the IP of my Linksys router (not sure if this is correct), gateway was 192.168.1.1 (my routers IP), I didn't enter any DNS servers as the instruction mentioned that there was no need.

For the internal Nic, I assigned an IP of 192.168.2.2 which is in range of one of my subnets (I have no idea if this is correct either).  I did not put in a gateway but did enter a DNS server of 192.168.2.1 (DC1).

Once completed, I added the ISA Box to the Domain. 

At the moment, it does not look like DC1 or DC2 or even client PCs are going through the ISA box, as they all seem to be able to browse the web but when I had a look at the sessions on ISA, none of the PCs were showing up. 

How do I get the 2 subnets to go through ISA.  I don't even know if it is working as a firewall, let alone webproxy.

Please help, I think whats made it more complicated is the use of Freesco.

Thank you again.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Please Help? ISA + VM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts