• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Policy needed (steam.exe through ISA)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Policy needed (steam.exe through ISA) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Policy needed (steam.exe through ISA) - 12.Aug.2008 11:47:50 AM   
mferrari

I am trying to get an allow policy working with ISA that permits steam.exe to communicate out of my ISA 2006 FW, (current updates).   Steam is required for some games - in particular half life2. 

I have configured the policy a number of ways either allow all or by opening  specific ports from an internal client, either way i get the traffic falling out to the default rule and being blocked. 
Post #: 1
RE: Policy needed (steam.exe through ISA) - 12.Aug.2008 12:01:53 PM   
pwindell

Steam.exe will work with the FWC as is. There is nothing extra to do.

You just have to get the Protocol created correctly and then create a simple Access Rule using the Protocol you created.  The is no such thing as "opening ports" with the ISA,...that is the wrong way to even think about it.

Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d-fd6eeb6cfa07/ts_rules.doc Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html  

Phillip Windell

(in reply to mferrari)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Policy needed (steam.exe through ISA) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts