• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

authentication error in workgroup configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> authentication error in workgroup configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
authentication error in workgroup configuration - 14.Aug.2008 11:11:46 AM   
dd71

When I log into my ISA Management on my CSS server I get a message saying "The specified user name or password cannot be verified, possbily because there is no connectivity to the ISA Server array members".  In addition in my Monitoring Alerts I have an Account Name Resolution Failed message reading "The ISA Server Configuration Agent was unable to resolve account name \\"servername"\"accountname" specified for administration. The failure is due to error: No mapping between account names and security ID's was done."

I can continue on through the first authentication warning and get into the management console. Obviously however, something with authentication is not quite right. I'm not sure what's wrong, I have local mirrored accounts on my workgroup Array servers and domain accounts on the domain CSS servers. What exactly is the Server Configuration Agent and is there something I can fix something there? And how does the mapping of security ID's occur?

Any help would be appreciated,

dd71

< Message edited by dd71 -- 14.Aug.2008 11:12:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: authentication error in workgroup configuration - 15.Aug.2008 8:25:18 AM   
tshinder

You should consider joining the ISA firewall array to the domain. The workgroup config is relatively unsecure. Joining it to the domain will make it both more secure and easier to manage (not to mention making your current problem go away).

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to dd71)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> authentication error in workgroup configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts