• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP access- usual Read Only problem- different slant

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> FTP access- usual Read Only problem- different slant Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP access- usual Read Only problem- different slant - 19.Aug.2008 9:12:55 AM   
RW27

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with accessing FTP sites through ISA 2000 with the usual "The folder is read only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access". I've experienced this before (as I'm sure many have) and have been able to work around it with the advice from articles and post on here (and other websites). This time however I'm stumped.

Last week I got a call with the above error. It seemed strange to have started seeing as everything was fine before and no changes had been made to the ISA config. The client was a WebProxy and SecureNAT client. The way I understand it is that the SecureNAT client should handle the FTP if possible and IE is set to "Enable folder view for FTP".

With previous issues I've set the ISA server to enable Passive FTP connections. Restarted ISA and it worked. But not this time. So I recreated my FTP Rules etc as per http://www.isaserver.org/articles/How_the_FTP_protocol_Challenges_Firewall_Security.html

Still no joy. So I set the HTTP Redirector filter to send the request to the web server direct rather than the web proxy service (clutching at straws). No Joy.

So I logged the user off and on and suddenly all was working!!! I figured maybe the changes just hadn't kicked in while the user was logged in and by fluke they had kicked in as I logged off.

This was yesterday. This morning all was well for a few hours. Then I get a call and the same is happening again. I asked the user (as a test) to log off and on and try the FTP site again and just like that it was working again.

Can anyone think of anything that might be causing this?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> FTP access- usual Read Only problem- different slant Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts