• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Publishing HELP!!!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA Publishing HELP!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 24.Sep.2008 9:38:12 PM   
jcasti1226

Whatís up guys,

Honestly this is driving me mad.  For some reason I cannot get this working. I have a single MS Exchange 2003 Ent install with its SSL Certificate.  I'm using ISA 2006 Ent. also.  I followed Many Tutorials Including the ones on this site.

Letís review my configuration.

Exchange Server:

I Enroll a Certificate with its FQDN for my domain (webmail.lapuja.com) is issued by my private CA and its installed.  Using SSL is not a problem everything works well.  On my System Management I have chosen to use Form Based Authorization.

On my ISA Server

I have installed the same certificate from Exchange as explain on many tutorials.  On the Web Listener when I chose the certificate it tells me the certificate is OK.

I made the Exchange Web Client Rule Filled up the fields.

I get the login Screen from an external accessing my OWA, I enter a User and Password and it doesn't pull up the email account it just stays sending packets and I get this error.

Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The number of HTTP Request per minute exceeded the configured limit. Contact the server administrator (12219)

A port from SSL I tried publishing OWA without it and i got the following error:

Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified uniform recourse locator(URL). Contac the Server Administrator. (12202). 

Honestly I don't know what is going on.  I found on another Tutorial to chose Basic Authorization when using SSL. When i test the Published rule i get en error on http://webmail.lapuja.com/exchange/ URL saying this:

Testing URL https://webmail.lapuja.com:443/Exchange/
Category: General error
Error details: The authentication delegation method defined in the rule does not match the authentication method selected for the published directory on the server hosting the site. Publishing rule authentication delegation method: Basic. Published server authentication methods: Forms-Based Authentication.
Action: You can change the authentication method on the published server or select "No delegation, but client may authenticate directly" in the Authentication Delegation tab of the publishing rule.

I even changed the Authentication Delegation from Basic Authentication to No Delegation, But Client may Authenticate Directly. 

None of this seems to work, like I said before I get form base authentication but I can't pull up the Mailbox Account.

Can anyone give me hand?

Thanks

Regards

Juan

Post #: 1
RE: OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 25.Sep.2008 12:38:35 PM   
IanC

Hi Juan,

You will need to disable Forms-authentication on the Exchange server.  

Ian

Ian Currie

nAppliance TMG/UAG Appliances - EMEA
www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to jcasti1226)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 25.Sep.2008 10:48:30 PM   
Aurrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: IanC

Hi Juan,

You will need to disable Forms-authentication on the Exchange server.  

Ian

I can't confirm this is what is causing your problem, but if Ian is correct, here is some help on how to check what Ian said and an overall in depth guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794751.aspx#FBAFE 

Aurrick

(in reply to IanC)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 26.Sep.2008 9:39:47 AM   
jcasti1226

Thanks guys,

I finnally got the problem fix. I had FBA enable on both servers.  My question is i want to have FBA on Exchange and not ISA can this be done?

(in reply to Aurrick)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 26.Sep.2008 12:04:28 PM   
Aurrick

Technically, yes, you should be able to do that.  You can just publish your OWA server as a plain web server and don't do any authentication on ISA.  However, you'll find several articles on these forums about losing most of the benefits of up front authentication by ISA if you go that route.

One example: Jason Jones, Post 9

Also, I believe you'll lose the ability to publish RPC over HTTPS to OWA, if you use just a regular publishing rule.

Any particular reason that you need to pass unauthenticated users back to your OWA server?

Aurrick

(in reply to jcasti1226)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 26.Sep.2008 12:04:41 PM   
IanC

It can, but I would strongly advise against it.  You really don't wan't unauthenticated connections reaching your Exchange server.  Why not just let ISA pre-authenticate your users?

Ian 

Ian Currie

nAppliance TMG/UAG Appliances - EMEA
www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to jcasti1226)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA Publishing HELP!!! - 4.Oct.2008 4:32:21 PM   
jcasti1226

Well i get your point i guess i should not even try doing it.

(in reply to IanC)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA Publishing HELP!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts