• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Creating VPN enviroment with L2TP protocol, Win2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> RE: Creating VPN enviroment with L2TP protocol, Win2003 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Creating VPN enviroment with L2TP protocol, Win2003 - 30.Jan.2009 11:21:05 AM   
pwindell

...and you got a hint from a former ISA-MVP of 3 years that ISA probably does allow L2TP with a preshared key.   When ISA is installed on a machine RRAS is integrated into and becomes part of ISA Server.

He could be right,..I don't know everything,...but I think he is wrong this time.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to yannara)
Post #: 21
RE: Creating VPN enviroment with L2TP protocol, Win2003 - 2.Feb.2009 5:59:51 PM   
yannara

I tried diffirent combinations with these protocols, one thing is for sure that these setting must match between server and client. What would be the suitable settings (of these) for L2TP? I think that the error 789, about security nogation timeout depends exaclty on these settings.

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 22
RE: Creating VPN enviroment with L2TP protocol, Win2003 - 15.Apr.2009 12:49:48 PM   
yannara

Ohh my god, I got this L2TP working! Is simply needed the right security connection settings, which mathes between client and server. So when I set only to use MS-CHAP ver 2, and disable everything else, VOLA!

I tested this only inside same LAN. Now I need to open correct ports. I found this, but I'm not sure, is this for the right case.

http://www.isaserver.org/img/upl/vpnkitbeta2/nat-t-packetfilters.htm

So, the VPN server (..and the whole Active Directory enviroment) is behind nat, ADSL connection with 1 public IP-adress. I have to open route in firewall and nat. What would be the right port numbers and protocols?

(in reply to yannara)
Post #: 23

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> RE: Creating VPN enviroment with L2TP protocol, Win2003 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts