• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Questions about Logging

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Questions about Logging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions about Logging - 22.Oct.2008 3:58:53 PM   
lauramdsm

Attempting to determine whether or not ISA Server 2006 will be beneficial for me.

Ok - here is what I am specifically looking for with IAS server:

-Ultimately, we would like to be able to log the websites that our client is connecting to once they connect through our remote access server (or VPN) out to the internet.

-What would ISA log for these outbound connections? The URL and/or IP address of the site the client is connecting to? The date and time of the connection? Same for inbound connections, the IP of the client?

-Do the logs make a link between the IP of the specific client making the connection to the specific address they're connecting to? In other words, is there a single log file that links inbound to outbound connections rather than displaying the logs separately?

-Does ISA automatically log the information for these types of connections, (inbound and outbound) or does it need to be configured or set to log it?

-We would like to be able to periodically review the logs - without having to monitor the connection in real-time.

-Where are the logs stored?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. I've tried doing a lot of research on this, but I'm having a hard time getting these specific questions answered. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions about Logging - 22.Oct.2008 4:15:10 PM   
SteveMoffat

Hi

Depends on how ISA is configured.

1. If you require authentication and they have the FWC installed, the username will be logged. After a few anonymous tries because IE always tries to connect anonymously.

As to url logging, in my experience, sometimes it's the fqdn and sometimes it's the IP address...

2. Yes
3. Needs to be configured. 2 minute job. Periodic log review is possible.

4. Local msde or remote sql.

Thanks
Steve

ISA 2006 Book! - http://tinyurl.com/2gpoo8
TMG Bible - http://tinyurl.com/ykv85hr
www.isaserver.bm

The built in ISA help is likely the most comprehensive help built into an application anywhere. USE it!!! Search it!!! RTFM

(in reply to lauramdsm)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions about Logging - 22.Oct.2008 4:29:49 PM   
lauramdsm

That helps a lot, thank you so much.

(in reply to SteveMoffat)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Questions about Logging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts