• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

publish many sites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> publish many sites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
publish many sites - 9.Nov.2008 2:39:41 PM   
lucidtrader

Hi all, i have done some searching, but i hope you can help further.

I want to publish a number of internal sites, to a number of external client.
All the internal sites are on 1 Moss07 server.

I am doing this with ISA2006 and Moss07 and Alternate Access Mappings.

What i am trying to do... is this called "Asymetrical Paths"? or not?

You should be able to publish more than 1 site at a time from 1 Moss07 server?, but it looks like i cant?

Does this mean that as soon as i want to publish a second site to a customer, then i must get another Moss07 server?

What if i have 500 clients whom need extranet access? do i have to get 500 Moss07 servers? This cant be true can it?

Hope you can help.
Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: publish many sites - 10.Nov.2008 8:50:39 PM   
joseph.a.paradi

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, so maybe some more details would be helpful.  If you are trying to publish multiple MOSS site collections then this should be straightforward and they would all be under one root (moss.company.com/sites/*).  If you are looking to publish different sites under different roots (moss.company1.com/sites/name, moss.company2.com/sites/name2) they you will need AAM definitions for each root that the web requests will be made under.  You may be limited by the number of AAM definitions that MOSS can have for a single server, I think it is 5.  If you want to publish the same site name for different clients but have that be different sites on the MOSS server then I do not think this is possible, even with the url fixing that ISA can do, since some of the MOSS system type urls are a bit strange and cannot be fixed up.

For any of these you will have to think about authentication if you need these to be authenticated sites on a per client basis, but that would be the same regardless of the desired end result.

Hope that helps,
Joseph

(in reply to lucidtrader)
Post #: 2
RE: publish many sites - 11.Nov.2008 6:07:33 AM   
lucidtrader

Hi Joseph, thanks for the reply.
here is what i have been trying to do.

i have a site with this url...   internally....   server.com/sites/sitename
i publish a sharepoint site on ISA 2006... ISA only wants the server name or server IP address... so i can only put in server.com in the publish rule on ISA... not the rest of the internal URL.

then, on AAM, i tell it that the public URL is moss1.company.com and internal url is server.com/sites/sitename
Then AAM tells me that this is an invalid URL, and the only option is to input server.com

So when the internet user goes to moss.company.com it gets routed to the internal server.com and not server.com/sites/sitename

this means, that i can only publish server.com and not site collections.

How do i tell AAM to send th request to a site collection?
Maybe i am missing something... any help please?
thanks

(in reply to joseph.a.paradi)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> publish many sites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts