• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY - 11.Nov.2008 6:13:22 PM   
pmazzola

I have just installed ISA 2006 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server in our 129.85.244.X DMZ subnet.  This server has a single NIC with an IP address on the 129.85.244.X subnet respectively.  Now, we have a few Windows servers on our 129.85.1.X LAN subnet that have been no access to the Internet.  However, they do have full access to the ISA server.  Also, the ISA server has full access to the Internet and the 129.85.1.X subnet.

What I am trying to accomplish is, I want to use the ISA server as a proxy-only server so the LAN servers can go to the Windows Update website to obtain patches.  Basically, I want my 129.85.1.X servers to communication to the ISA 129.85.244.X server to gain Internet browsing access.

*** I DON'T WANT TO USE THIS ISA SERVER AS A FIREWALL IN ANYWAY. ***  We have external firewalls handling all the network security.

Can anyone please email me a step-by-step doc to get this done quickly and painlessly?

Thank you so much.
Phil
pmazzola@mail.rockefeller.edu 
Post #: 1
RE: Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY - 1.Feb.2009 9:53:43 AM   
peopleofnetwork

same problem..
my problem is my network topology is doing twice NAT. first at router that connecting to internet, second in my ISA server. i try to figure out how to solve this problem. in my opinion i think my isa server should be configured only as proxy server.

any have solution?

(in reply to pmazzola)
Post #: 2
RE: Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY - 1.Feb.2009 1:58:08 PM   
richardhicks

Hi Phil,

No step-by-step doc required, really.  If you have an ISA firewall configured with a single network interface, it is by default limited to only web proxy services.  The network interface is configured with a default gateway that leads to your Internet egress router/firewall, then all you'd need to do is configure a web access rule and you are done.

Richard Hicks - Forefront MVP
http://tmgblog.richardhicks.com/
http://directaccess.richardhicks.com/

(in reply to pmazzola)
Post #: 3
RE: Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY - 1.Feb.2009 2:03:28 PM   
richardhicks

Doing NAT twice is unavoidable in this case.  Keep in mind though that your ISA firewall in this instance isn't 'really' performing NAT.  I like to refer to it as 'pseudo-NAT', because it is NAT-like, but not really NAT.  The reason for this is that the ISA firewall when performing web proxy services is terminating the incoming session for the user request, then creating a separate and distinct session to retrieve the content from the remote web server.  This second request, performed on behalf  of the requester (by proxy!), originates from the IP address of the network interface used by the ISA firewall to send the request.

Richard Hicks - Forefront MVP
http://tmgblog.richardhicks.com/
http://directaccess.richardhicks.com/

(in reply to peopleofnetwork)
Post #: 4
RE: Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY - 2.Feb.2009 10:50:23 PM   
peopleofnetwork

but in observe the problem is come after i doing twice NAT. sometimes in morning internet connection is lost and user browser give message that there is a dns problem. but when i look at my AD+DNS server the service is work properly.

is there any relation because AD+DNS server is located in subnet 192.168.1.0/24 and under the isa server, but router local interface is use subnet 192.168.7.0/24 ?
my isa server has 2 NIC.public NIC is 192.168.7.2 and local NIC 192.168.1.200 in DNS server my isa server is known as 192.168.1.200

can you help me to solve this weird problem

(in reply to richardhicks)
Post #: 5
RE: Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY - 11.Dec.2014 3:19:13 AM   
syedshah20

Hi,

are you trying to publish an FTP Server? If so, it is not supported using only one NIC.

Regards,

Sign up with itil - testking for getting 220-801 - braindumps - questions testking courses exam and Stanford University. We also provide best Hodges University and Keiser University with guaranteed success.

< Message edited by syedshah20 -- 20.Dec.2014 5:22:05 AM >

(in reply to pmazzola)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> Configuring ISA 2006 server for WEB PROXY ONLY Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts