• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

64. The specified network name is no longer available

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> 64. The specified network name is no longer available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
64. The specified network name is no longer available - 14.Nov.2008 12:23:35 PM   
nbailie

Hi all,

Having a strange problem with a website I'm publishing out.

We've a couple of webfolders published via an ISA 2006 SP1 server, weve a dedicated IIS server and the webfolders reference a files share on an F&P server. 

It works well for the most part however Ive come across a strange problem when renaming files.  Every 6th request to rename a file fails, and if I check the ISA logs all I get is a message telling me the https request failed and more specifically "64. The specified network name is no longer available."  If I immediately try to rename the file again it will succeed as will the following 4 attempts but again the next one (6th request) will fail.  Needless to say the IIS and F&P server are available all the time and the load on both is very low, they both work internally without any issue.

Anyone any suggestions? Im going to capture a network trace to see if that sheds any light.

All servers are 2003 R2 with SP2, all servers are on the domain, the ISA has 2 interfaces one of which is on the same subnet as the IIS server.

Thanks

Neil
Post #: 1
RE: 64. The specified network name is no longer available - 15.Nov.2008 7:46:51 AM   
tshinder

Hi Neil,

Interesting problem but I don't understand. How are you renaming the files? Over a Webdav connection?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to nbailie)
Post #: 2
RE: 64. The specified network name is no longer available - 17.Nov.2008 3:50:27 AM   
nbailie

Hi Tom,

Yes over Webdav, i open the webfolder through IE (File --> Open [Open as webfolder checked]), supply credentials at which point i've access to the folder.

I can open files ok without any problems, but if i try renaming files or folders the 6th rename will fail.

Thanks,

Neil

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: 64. The specified network name is no longer available - 17.Nov.2008 9:08:54 AM   
tshinder

Hi Neil,

Pretty interesting. Can't say I've heard of that problem before. Might be worth a PSS call to see if they have it documented internally and maybe have a private fix.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to nbailie)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> 64. The specified network name is no longer available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts